- In general, you can visit The Swaddle website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We track the internet address of the domains from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but the individual user remains anonymous. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose any personal information online, for example through e-mail, discussion lists, forums, blogs, reviews or elsewhere, that information can be collected and used by others.
- The Swaddle feels strongly about protecting the privacy of children and encourages children to involve their parents in any interactive activity they participate in online. If you are 16 years or younger and we collect your age through a registration process, you are not eligible to use this website. If you are under 16, The Swaddle encourages you to use this website only with the help and in the presence of your parents or guardians of legal age.
- The Swaddle may use the information in its databases, including personal information you’ve submitted, and other server and usage logs, to analyze the site and user behavior, troubleshoot technical problems, resolve disputes and address complaints, and prepare aggregated reports that are shared with others, including the management of our website.
- There are times when we may collect personal information from you such as name, emails, physical address and/or telephone number. Generally, you will have the option not to provide such information, and in the future you will be able to “opt out” of certain uses of the information. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit The Swaddle, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services.
- Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address, when you visit our site (Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the internet know where to send you data, such as the web pages you view). Your IP address does not identify you personally. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our site and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
- From time to time, we may conduct online surveys or run a contest for promotional purposes, during which, we may ask users for contact information (like email addresses) and demographic information (like zip code, age, or income level). We use contact data to notify people if they win the contest. We understand, though, that you may want to participate in these surveys or contests but may not want us to send you an email. Accordingly, as part of these surveys or contests, we will always give you the option of declining to receive information from The Swaddle.
- The Swaddle will take appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us. We have implemented technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and improper use or disclosure. The Swaddle will continue to enhance its security procedures as new technology becomes available.
- All information gathered on The Swaddle is securely stored within our (controlled) database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. However, any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas becomes public information and is available to anyone with internet access.
- The Swaddle will not sell, rent, share, trade or disclose to third parties any information derived from the registration for, or use of, any online service offered by The Swaddle without the consent of the user or customer, except if such disclosure is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings including search warrants, or to help investigate, prevent or take action regarding unlawful activities, suspected fraud, potential threat of security of any person, violation of our website use or defend legal claims; special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or agencies requiring such disclosure or any other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the user or others. You also consent to The Swaddle disclosing information about you to actual or potential parties to a lawsuit that The Swaddle is or may become involved in (a) if it is required to do so, (b) if it reasonably believes that such disclosures will potentially mitigate its liability, or (c) to enforce its rights.